Cyber Security Certificates
The FAN Technical Profile Specification requires Wi-SUN FAN devices to contain device identity certificates issued from either a Wi-SUN Alliance (Wi-SUN) approved third party CA or a manufacturer CA. Wi-SUN will not provide PKI policy and procedure evaluation for manufacturer CAs. This is an issue to be addressed directly between the customer and manufacturer.
GlobalSign operates the Wi-SUN FAN Third Party CA PKI – providing to members test IDevID certificates, production IDevID certificates, along with MCA / MICA signing and hosting. GlobalSign also is able to collaborate with members or member’s customers on an individual basis to deploy LDevID certificates into the FAN operating ecosystem.
Manufacturers looking to obtain test certificates, production certificates, or MCA/MICA creation or hosting, will follow these steps:
- Member company must be a Promoter or Contributor Member of Wi-SUN Alliance
- Member sends request for POWM (Proof of Wi-SUN Membership) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wi-SUN will provide the POWM to Member and GlobalSign
- Member email email@example.com to request account creation and provide GlobalSign the POWM
- Manufacturer and GlobalSign will execute an agreement for services.
- Manufacturer will place PO for certificates/services, GlobalSign will finalize account setup and invoice manufacturer
- Manufacturer is now able to retrieve certificates through GlobalSign’s issuance services
A detailed description of this process and the necessary submission form are available to eligible member companies at the following links (login required):
The cyber certificate pricing is dependent on the number of certificates. The following table provides an overview of the most common quantities and prices.
|Certificate License Pack Quantity1||Price|
|Test Certificate License Pack (100 Qty per year)||$0|
1 All Certificates must be issued within 12 months of certificate license pack activation.
Manufacturers or implementers can also obtain their own root certificates in order to issue their own cyber certificates. The cost is as follows.
|Key Ceremony||Per ceremony, upto 5 MICAs per ceremony||$3,000 each|
|Maintenance Fee||MFG branded MICA / Root Maintenance Fee for members||$3,000/year2|
|Test Certificate License Pack (100 Qty per year)||Test certificates for Wi-SUN FAN compliance testing. Additional usage within a single year will require a purchase of certificate license pack||$0|